A six-month fellowship designed for early-career directors.
Encouraging the next generation of directors through professional development, networking, and in-depth training alongside veterans of theater indsutry. Work is specific to each fellow, but includes the following opportunities;
- Assistant Direct Shakespeare in the Park
- Assistant Direct TourCo
- Direct a staged reading as part of the Confluence New Play Festival
- Regular meetings and mentorship with staff and artistic teams
- Workshops with Festival youth programs
- Other responsibilities as they align with the Festival’s work and the director’s stated goals.
Each Directing Fellow receives a $6,000 stipend.
Endowed by Rich and Kathleen Waidmann