A six-month fellowship designed for early-career directors.
Build skills, relationships, training, and experiences helpful in making the next step in your journey. Work is specific to each fellow, but will include the following opportunities;
- Assistant Direct Shakespeare in the Park
- Assistant Direct TourCo
- Direct a staged reading as part of the Confluence New Play Festival in fall 2021
- Regular meetings and mentorship with staff and artistic teams
- Workshops with Festival youth programs
- Other responsibilities as they align with the Festival’s work and the director’s stated goals.
Directing Fellow will receive a $6,000 stipend.
2021 Application Now Open
Fellowship dates: May -November of 2021.
The deadline to apply is March 26.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a two-page cover letter expressing interest in the program and the St. Louis Shakespeare Festival. This letter should express the artist’s journey up to this point and how the Fellowship fits as a possible next step.
- Submit a one-page resume with related directing experience, experience leading teams or experience supporting a wide range of diverse teams and collaborators.
- Applicants should supply contact information for two to three professional recommendations.
- (Optional) Attach a portfolio, website link or work sample if available but not required.
Label each document with the applicant’s last name in the file description (Flores_Resume.pdf.).
Send cover letter, resume, list of references, and/or samples of work to Adam Flores, Manager of Community Engagement and Education by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2021.
Things to consider for your application:
- What has been your educational journey in general and how it relates to theater?
- What have been the most important artistic experiences in your life up to this point?
- What artistic experiences are you hoping to have in the future?
- What if any is your relationship to St. Louis?
- What if any is your relationship and experience with Shakespeare?
Questions? Contact Adam Flores
Manager of Community Engagement and Education