A six-month fellowship designed for early-career directors.
Endowed by Rich and Kathleen Waidmann
Build skills, relationships, training, and experiences helpful in making the next step in your journey. Work is specific to each fellow, but will include the following opportunities;
- Assistant Direct Shakespeare in the Park
- Assistant Direct TourCo
- Direct a staged reading as part of the Confluence New Play Festival in fall 2021
- Regular meetings and mentorship with staff and artistic teams
- Workshops with Festival youth programs
- Other responsibilities as they align with the Festival’s work and the director’s stated goals.
Directing Fellow will receive a $6,000 stipend.
Fellowship dates: May -November of 2021. The application period is now closed.
- Submit a two-page cover letter expressing interest in the program and the St. Louis Shakespeare Festival. This letter should express the artist’s journey up to this point and how the Fellowship fits as a possible next step.
- Submit a one-page resume with related directing experience, experience leading teams or experience supporting a wide range of diverse teams and collaborators.
- Applicants should supply contact information for two to three professional recommendations.
- (Optional) Attach a portfolio, website link or work sample if available but not required.
Questions? Contact Adam Flores
Manager of Community Engagement and Education