The Festival is working closely with City of St. Louis officials to ensure the health and safety of all attendees, staff, Forest Park visitors and performers.
The King Lear cast and production team are 100% vaccinated thanks to wide availability within our region, so the actors will not be wearing masks on stage. They are following social-distance measures and are routinely tested in an abundance of caution.
Commitment To Safety
All are welcome, but we encourage guests who are not vaccinated or high-risk to consider their own safety when choosing to attend. Regardless of vaccination status, all guests will follow the guidelines for face-coverings and social distancing when inside the Glen.
- Reservations are required for all guests. Those without reservations will be turned away and asked to make a reservation online for another night.
- The pods are 10’ x 10’ in size and spaced six feet apart.
- Each pod seats up to six guests.
- Guests will be required to wear a mask for entry and when moving in the Glen outside their pod. Masks will be on hand at check-in for those without.
- Anyone who tested positive for COVID-19, came in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, or has had a fever in the past 14 days should not attend.
To maintain the health of all Shakespeare in the Park visitors, the Festival will:
- limit capacity and person-to-person contact at the event.
- increase sanitation and disinfecting protocol including proper hand-sanitation and hand-washing stations and repeat cleaning between personal contact.
- maintain contactless check-in process.
- increase signage with health and safety guidelines as well as physical distancing markers where needed.
For questions or concerns about our COVID-19 Policy, contact: