TourCo 2023: Merry Wives of Windsor
The St. Louis Shakespeare Festival is now accepting video auditions from equity and non-equity actors for the 2023 TourCo production, Merry Wives of Windsor, written by William Shakespeare and directed by Suki Peters.
- Rehearsal Schedule: July 3 – July 31, 2023
- Performances: August 1-30 (Tuesdays-Sundays)
TourCo is a completely free outdoor production that brings 90-minute, family-friendly Shakespeare adaptations to public spaces across Missouri and Illinois. Suki’s Merry Wives will evoke a 90’s TV sitcom in front of an active live studio (park) audience.
Six actors will make up the company, playing many roles. Actors of all racial identities, gender expressions, and physical abilities will be considered for all tracks. All positions are paid. Equity and non-Equity actors are encouraged to audition. Cast will be expected to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Virtual submissions are due January 13. Callbacks will be held in person on January 20.
HOW TO AUDITION
- Please record yourself performing a one to two-minute Shakespeare or another classical monologue, and if preferred, a max of 30-second expression of any special talents.
- Upload to YouTube
- Complete the following form by January 13: https://forms.gle/o2fsiJPZfGRoQfWz9
If you have questions contact, Adam Flores – Manager of Education and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.AUDITION FORM
To be notified of upcoming audition deadlines, sign up for our email list using the link below. You’ll receive show announcements and promotions as well as special alerts for casting calls.SIGN UP
Steps to submit an online audition:
- Record audition on your phone from the waist up and upload it to YouTube as an unlisted link.
- Fill out the form above and attach a headshot, resume and link to your video. Click submit.