Collecting Stories From The Ville
We need your stories for Shakespeare in the Streets: The Ville
Written by Mariah Richardson (Sumner High School Alum)
Directed by Thomasina Clarke (Resident, Co-Founder of “4theVille”)
How To Get Involved:
- Share your Ville stories with us by phone, online or by mail
- Send us a letter: 5715 Elizabeth Ave, St Louis, MO 63110 ℅ The Ville
- Share photos of family and community life in The Ville
- What is your happiest memory of living, working, going to school, etc, in The Ville?
- What story would you tell to someone that would best represent what makes The Ville special?
- What would be your biggest hope and dream for The Ville?
Please share with other current and previous Ville residents, business owners and Sumner graduates. We hope to collect as many stories as possible.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now through June 30
Join Trailnet, the Missouri Historical Society, 4theVille, Black Girls do Bike, and GirlTrek for a leisurely, social bike ride celebrating Juneteenth! The 10-mile tour (can be walked, biked, or driven) focuses on the city’s rich history of African American musicians who shaped our national sound. The ride includes stops at historic sites in The Ville and musicians paying tribute to our continuing music traditions.
$10 fee, Register here.
Sumner High School, Cottage Avenue, St. Louis, MO, USA